An interesting night on American Idol. I don’t really like country music, but I do like Randy Travis. It was a good night if your name started with “A”. Here’s how I ranked the singers:
- Adam Lambert: I’m still not really a fan, but his was the only truly unique song. I liked what he did with it.
- Anoop Desai: Glad to see Anoop is back. Great vocal, just ok stage presence.
- Matt Giraud: He’s a more talented Scott MacIntryre with the piano. He doesn’t stand out in my mind yet, but he did well this evening.
- Allison Iraheta: I like her spunk and rock voice.
- Alexis Grace: Not my favorite song choice, but I still liked her. I’d like to see a little more rock from her next time.
- Lil Rounds: Good vocals, but I couldn’t get Carrie Underwood’s version out of my mind and this just didn’t match up. Simon was right about her not being in to the song too. It just didn’t fit her.
- Danny Gokey: Ugh. Not a good performance, though the chorus was way better than the verse. He should still sail through though.
- Megan Joy Corkrey: Quirky as usual. I don’t think she should win, but I’m always looking forward to what she’ll come up with.
- Kris Allen: The vocals were strong, I just didn’t care for the performance.
- Michael Sarver: Great job with the lyrics. He shouldn’t win this competition though.
- Scott MacIntyre: If he weren’t blind, he’d be out of this competition already. He’s just not that great.
I think Michael Sarver goes home.